Advocacy Network Newsletter
Sign up for the monthly Advocacy Network Newsletter to receive the latest science policy developments, advocacy engagement opportunities, and advance advocacy resources right to your inbox.
Urge Congress to Support Neuroscience Priorities in FY 2022
Join your fellow NeuroAdvocates and tell Congress to support neuroscience priorities and invest in advancements for the field in FY 2022. Send your Representative and Senators a message via SfN’s Advocacy Action Center.
House Democrats to Skip Budget Markup, Wait for Senate
Hoping to adopt the same budget resolution in Congress before August recess, House Budget Committee Democrats overwhelmingly agreed to forgo their own fiscal 2022 budget resolution and wait for what Senate Democrats propose
House Passes Its Version of U.S.-China Competitiveness Bills
The House has passed two bills designed to boost U.S. research and development in response to China's challenge to U.S. economic supremacy including H.R.225, “The National Science Foundation for the Future Act,” which provides $79.7 billion to NSF over the next five years.
Celebrating the Fourth with Neuroscience Fireworks
To celebrate the Fourth of July, check out NIH Director, Dr. Francis Collins’ blog, which includes an award-winning video created by an NIH-supported team of researchers showing images of the brain in the form of biological fireworks.
OSTP/NIH Information Session on ARPA-H
The Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP) and NIH held an information session on ARPA-H, the newly proposed agency designed to accelerate biomedical innovation and adoption of technologies to revolutionize healthcare and medicine. Watch the full session here.
2021 Rally for Medical Research
SfN Advocacy Resources
- Introduce yourself to the new Congress via the Advocacy Action Center.
- Watch the Neuroscientist's Guide to Advocacy series to understand the tools you need to help advance the field.
- Learn how to engage your members of Congress and persuasively advocate for science with SfN's Advocacy Best Practices.
- Get involved in global advocacy.
- Talk to the public about the importance of animal research.
- Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance in preparing for your next advocacy effort at home or on Capitol Hill.
To have the newsletter delivered to your inbox each month, sign in to your member account and opt in to the Advocacy Network.