Chapter Annual Report
Submission Portal Open Date: 10/18/21 | Submission Portal Close Date: 1/14/22
Why do we need to submit an annual report?
To remain active, SfN chapters are required to submit an annual report once every two calendar years.
Reports should include information about chapter governance, membership, finances, and activities. For chapters in the United States, submitting the annual report ensures eligibility for nonprofit status for tax purposes.
All annual reports for the current calendar year must be submitted through the online submission portal, which opens in the summer and closes at the end of the year.
What do I need to know to submit my report?
Only the chapter representative will have access the chapter annual report. To get started, log into the online submission portal using your SfN credentials.
For security reasons, the server will time out after 20 minutes of inactivity.
While it is encouraged to assemble the requested information below before beginning, you will be able save your report in draft mode before submitting it as final. Please note, you must fill in required fields on each page of the report in order to save that page and continue.
What do I need to include?
- Governance: Names of all chapter officers.
- Chapter Demographics: Numbers of current chapter members, institutions involved in chapter activities, business meeting dates, and communications information.
- Finances: Cash balance, total reportable income as well as a breakdown of income (such as grants and dues) and expenses (such as meetings, Brain Awareness Week activities, website fees).
- Tax Information: Most recent filing applicable to your geographic region. For U.S. chapters, 990N/990EZ and employee identification number (EIN) are required.
- Events: Chapter annual meeting information (such as activities, institutions involved, and number of attendees) and information about additional events.
For more information, email email@example.com.