Individual Member Benefits
From publications to programs to research, you’ll have access to all the great science.
Be part of the largest global community of neuroscientists and clinicians
With over 36,000 members worldwide, SfN is committed to advancing the field of neuroscience through access to venues for sharing great science, support for career development, and public education and outreach.
From annual meeting benefits to support for animal researchers, SfN offers a wealth of resources designed to help members advance their careers and the field of neuroscience.
Become an Individual Member
Members-only opportunities for the SfN annual meeting include:
- Presenting an abstract
- Submitting proposals for symposia and minisymposia
- Enjoying reduced registration rates and advanced registration
- Early hotel reservations on Bonus Day, if you activated 2021 membership by February 15 at 11:59 p.m.
Career Development and Networking
Members-only professional development and networking opportunities include:
- Premium online career services through NeuroJobs
- Unlimited, year-round access to Neuronline, including webinars and research summaries.
- Access to the International Brain Research Organization grants and resources
- Access to the Member Directory to search for other SfN members and Neuroscience Training Programs and establish connections.
Members enjoy access to the following publications and related benefits:
- Individual subscription access to JNeurosci to read all content online
- Discounted publication fees for both eNeuro and JNeurosci
Members can advance the field and build leadership skills by:
- Educating the public about neuroscience promise and progress, including educational events and awards
- Getting involved in a variety of SfN Initiative Programs
- Strengthening the voice of neuroscientists in public policy decision-making
- Serving on SfN committees
- Voting in SfN's annual officers and councilors election
- Sponsoring new member applications
- Starting or joining a local SfN Chapter
- Nominating candidates for SfN-sponsored prizes and awards